Top 10 Exercise Rules For Fat Loss
Updated: Jul 3, 2019
Eiden’s Fitness & Sports Performance Training Top 10 Exercise Rules For Fat Loss by Dan Eiden
2) Build your training program around big, multi joint exercises that work the most muscles, burn the most calories and get the most bang for your buck. Exercises such as squats, deadlifts, chins ups, presses and lunges.
4) Change your exercise program every 6 weeks or so. The human body adapts to anything and everything in an exercise program so it is important to vary your workouts and make changes to continue making progress.
5) Instead of doing traditional, long duration, low intensity, steady state aerobics/cardiovascular exercise do short duration, high intensity, interval training, anaerobic exercises like sprints. Anaerobic exercises like sprints will stimulate the release of anabolic hormones (muscle building and fat burning) and increase your fat burning. The short duration will help prevent the catabolic (muscle wasting) that tend to come with traditional aerobic exercise.
6) Don’t waste your time on isolation exercises in an attempt to try to spot reduce an area of your body. You cannot spot reduce or bring out definition in an area of your body or a certain body part. Example, you can do abdominal exercises until you are blue in the face but it will not result in losing body fat in that area nor bring out definition.
8) Use strict form in all your exercises when weight/strength training. Training in strict form allows you to work and thoroughly exhaust the right muscles and in the right pattern. Using strict form will allow you to be more efficient in your workouts and get better results.
10) Use supersets, tri sets, giant sets and circuit training. This will allow you to get more work done in a shorter period of time while also increasing exercise intensity. The short rest intervals will also lead to greater fat loss because of lactate production and growth hormone release.